Tales and Legends of RolePlay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lesson 7 - The extra advanced class

2 posters

Go down

Lesson 7 - The extra advanced class Empty Lesson 7 - The extra advanced class

Post by Drake Heros Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 19:22

Hello and welcome back once again to our class.

As you may have passed the exam. We still have bits of information left. From now on I appointed Infenyte as the teacher and I help him around.

So the word is to you now my best man. *points his hand toward Infenyte as a gesture that he can begin*
Drake Heros
Drake Heros
The Legend Maker

http://tandlroleplay.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Lesson 7 - The extra advanced class Empty Re: Lesson 7 - The extra advanced class

Post by Infenyte Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 19:22

Thank you my dear colleague.

Ahem, in these lessons we go further in special occurrences in a roleplay.
Like a battle between to roleplayers characters, or how to react at random characters etc.

Alright now: There are roleplays which goes about fighting other's characters, like a tournament RP. As our previous lessons learned you not to act using the characters from other roleplayers and that you can't make your post so that your fellow roleplayers can't react themselves anymore and have to take the hit, we are going to apply that in a battle

As you probably suspect or know is that a battle can be very difficult. If both of you want to win the match and you play by the rules there is no ending to it until one of you gets tired and allows the other to win. Browsing trough various posts where only stands you try to hit him and he tries to hit you can be pretty trying, makes the post other roleplayers make who aren't involved in the fight fade into the back-screen and can even make the entire RP boring.

The best way I can think of, is to send your opponent an pm, or discuss it on some other thread about who is going to win the match in the end and why. Also you can ask if you are allowed to control a part of the fight. meaning that you can actually strike and hit your opponent.

A little tip about this though is, allow the person who is going to loose the fight into doing this. So that he or she can make it interesting., so he can decide if you and him are equally balanced, you are stronger then him, or that he is stronger then you and it was luck or smartness that made him loose. (The last of these is what mostly happens if you fight the typical evil guy. Like Naruto v.s Gaara)

Anyways I only can give you tips about this as it is up to you and the other roleplayers to decide how you do this.
Infenyte
Infenyte
The Immortal

Back to top Go down

Lesson 7 - The extra advanced class Empty Re: Lesson 7 - The extra advanced class

Post by Infenyte Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 19:22

Alright now I am going to explain how to act in random encounters

You see, in some roleplays (mostly adventure kinds) you will meet up with some sort of enemy an other roleplayer created.

Example.
As the groups moved trough the woods, a horde of Goblins suddenly ambushes them with their swords ready to strike

Now what to do? These are characters created by someone else! So does that mean we have to post that we swing or weapons at them in the hope they hit?

It all depends on how the maker of the Goblins acts.
There are few ways a random encounter appears.

1. Overwhelming force = basically the roleplayer I name Bob right now post something in the line that it is a massive force to big for the group to handle. The best option is to simply flee, and thats what probably bobs want you to as well.

2. A group = Bob has made a big group of goblins. It's up to bob top decide what happens, if he slashes wildly at the beasts, or if he sends a few at you you are allowed to kill-post them. (Unless he stated otherwise I believe)
Kill-post means, telling in your post you are actually killing them. First try to be sure by slashing at them though, and see if Bobs allows them to take the hit.

3. A described opponent= Bob gave a description or even a name at the goblin who is charging at you. This mean this is a powerful character, probably stronger then yourself. You cannot kill-post him. You have to take swings and see if you are strong enough to beat it alone.

These are based on what I believe is best. But I can be wrong in this. If so, Drake probably will edit this later on.
Infenyte
Infenyte
The Immortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down